Author Topic: Parade of Lights and Wrightwood Mountain's Holiday Celebration 2010  (Read 2038 times)

Offline redhawk

• Squirrel
Hi Folks,

Well it's time again to get out those generators or inverters and light up your vehicle for the 9th Annual Parade of Lights!

The Parade is scheduled for November 27th, the Saturday after Thanksgiving, and will begin at 6:00 p.m.

Here's a link to the application:
http://www.wrightwoodchamber.org/pdfs/WrightwoodParadeOfLightsContest2010.pdf

It's free to enter and free to watch! See you there!

Our Holiday Celebration begins on Friday and runs throughout Saturday finishing up with the Parade and then more shopping time!

Here's a link to a printable schedule:
http://www.wrightwoodchamber.org/db/plugins/innovaeditor/assets/WrightwoodMountainHolidayCelebration2010.pdf

And here's the schedule for those of you that just want to take a peek!

Friday, November 26th

4:00 p.m. – Visit with Santa and Mrs. Claus at the Grizzly Café on Hwy 2. Photos available or bring your own camera!

4:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Visit the Circle H Youth Ranch Horses, top of Park/Apple, sponsored by Something Old/Something New.

5:30 p.m. – Join us around the tree for Christmas Caroling at the top of Park (1265 Apple).

6:00 p.m. - Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony at the top of Park (1265 Apple).

6:15 - 8:00 p.m. - Santa & Mrs. Claus arrive in town on an antique fire truck. They will greet children in the courtyard of Applewood Court (1309 Evergreen). Photos available or bring your own Camera!

Various Musicians and Carolers will be per­forming both days throughout the Village.

Village Shops will be open until 9:00 p.m. both Friday and Saturday for your greater holiday shopping opportunity!

Saturday, November 27th

12:00 - 2:00 p.m. - Santa & Mrs. Claus will be on the patio of the Evergreen Café to greet the children. Corner of Park & Evergreen.

12:00 - 2:00 p.m. – Holiday Tea Tasting at “Flowers from the Forest” (1300 Evergreen).

1:00 - 4:00 p.m. - Free Horse drawn Hay Wagon rides through town. Meet on Evergreen between Park & Pine.

1:00 - 3:00 p.m. - Free Christmas Cookie Decorating sponsored by Cinnamon's Bakery. In the courtyard of Applewood Court (1309 Evergreen).

1:00 - 3:00 p.m. - Free Candy Cane Fishing and Ornament Decorating at S.K. Jones Gallery & Ceramics Shop on upper Park.

3:00 p.m. – Holiday Music “Gayle & Co.” at the Village Grind, near the middle of Park.

6:00 p.m. - 9th Annual Parade of Lights featuring a parade through town of motorized vehicles decorated in the holiday spirit!!

6:30 – 8:00 p.m. Santa & Mrs. Claus will greet children in the courtyard of Applewood Court (1309 Evergreen)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." AE

Offline lil red

• Scrub Jay
I can't wait!!!!!!! :clock:

Offline yarncat

• Scrub Jay
I had been told by a local merchant that this years tree lighting ceremony might be held at the Veterans Memorial Park, not at the top of Park.  Does anyone know where it will be for sure?  There have been several years in the past where many of us were standing in front of the wrong tree, when suddenly, we heard cheers coming from someplace else when the actual tree was being lit.  ???

Offline BostonBob

• Top Bob &
  • Raccoon
I had been told by a local merchant that this years tree lighting ceremony might be held at the Veterans Memorial Park, not at the top of Park.  Does anyone know where it will be for sure?  There have been several years in the past where many of us were standing in front of the wrong tree, when suddenly, we heard cheers coming from someplace else when the actual tree was being lit.  ???

6:00 p.m. - Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony at the top of Park (1265 Apple).

Offline tlc

• Raccoon
More fun beginning on this weekend!

Offline firefightersteve

• Raccoon
  • Greetings...

Thanks for the information Redhawk.  We're looking forward to the parade. We'll drop off our application in the next couple of days.

SBCoFD
Station 14

Online superMom

• Raccoon
  • Be Brave!
Girl Scouts are in too!!!  We are busily making plans and gathering lights. 

Offline cookiesforthree

• Bear
I'm not able to open the parade of lights links listed above.  I also went to the Chambers website and same thing, not able to open.  It says damaged file.  Is this my computer problem or is it the site problem?

Thanks for any insite.

Offline Surfer_Dude

• Raccoon
****Tree Lighting is starts tonight****
6:15 Tree Lighting, festivities have already began!
Just a reminder..:)

Online superMom

• Raccoon
  • Be Brave!
I'm not able to open the parade of lights links listed above.  I also went to the Chambers website and same thing, not able to open.  It says damaged file.  Is this my computer problem or is it the site problem?

Thanks for any insite.

I just opened it today and printed an application and didn't have any problems. 

Offline Surfer_Dude

• Raccoon

There were two Santas out tonight, both were two of the best ones I have ever seen.