Author Topic: Agenda 21  (Read 40888 times)

Offline TimG

• Bear
Re: Agenda 21
« Reply #20 on: Feb 02, 13, 11:09:39 PM »
Agenda 21 is just a series of webinars and environmental analysis reports provided to government planners in exchange for a membership fee. You can go straight to the source and read about it. It has no legal authority over anyone; it just provides recommendations and references upon request.  It has no bearing on the zoning of Wrightwood, unless the appropriate local agencies decided to enact some of their recommendations.

Snowbird is in the blue zone, which from what I hear is a filled-in and unstable pond.  That probably has something to do with the building restrictions there.  But I'm just speculating.

I oppose Agenda 21, personally, because I see it as a continuation of the Malthusianism fear-mongering that has been deployed to justify the exploitation of the world's poor for the last 300 years.  But that doesn't mean it's an influential document.  The fact that the Republican Party has been allowed to denounce Agenda 21 in their official platform is proof enough that the program is inconsequential.  You don't see them denouncing the Drug War, or the War on Terror, or the Patriot Act, or the FISA Restoration Act, or the unlawful detention clause of the NDAA 2012.  And so on.

Offline tcaarabians

• Raccoon
« Reply #21 on: Feb 03, 13, 09:10:55 AM »
Dusty & Tim:  Good points. Some regulations seem misguided and I'm being polite. I know what we went through when we had our barn built here. There were any number of inspections in the building process. There was even a separate inspection for the bolts/rebar in the foundation. Course, I was rather glad they did do that because there was a problem and they required it to be corrected.

I think the point of this discussion is whether Agenda 21 is a driving force for good or evil or somewhere in-between. Clearly, it isn't a secret. What the vocal opposition may mean by that is that people are not paying attention.. so it is sneaking up on us like the flu.

I also continue to think we absolutely must pay attention to our state/county/city zoning & building regs. !!!!!!! (Emphasis added)

And, for the record I do not watch "Dancing with the Stars." (I compare it to basketball.. I'd rather do it than watch it.) Oh, that was a cheap shot. Puhleeze rise above that -  I'm listening to you.  I watch almost no episodic TV. I generally just watch news and docs. Tho, I am fond of Tues night on CBS.

I did just finish reading an interesting book entitled "Community Versus Commodity." It is a sociological study of the rent control movement in Santa Monica and how that led to the so-called 'progressive' changes there and uses Houston's policies as the comparison. The contrast was based on what two cities were doing to address the various needs of citizens. Course, you only have to follow the news to know how fond some of the citizens of S.M. are about the multi-use projects, large developments and the traffic and parking problems there. In part, I think it addresses some of the issues we are discussing here. Thus, I recommend it.  Alas, it does not seem to be available online and it costs $50.00. I'd be happy to loan it out. I'm supposed to forward it on. So, do let me know.  cheryl o7o

Offline MojaveSidecar

• Bear
« Reply #22 on: Feb 03, 13, 01:21:47 PM »
A great summary of the scope of  Agenda 21

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzoN0IQsTAE

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us8Yv4YLz9k

Some believe that citizens of the USA will not go along voluntarily with such a program. Therefore, one way to implement an such an agenda would be to intentionally crash the US economy and under marshall law, and for our own saftey, relocate folks to the new sustainable housing, "for our own good".

http://www.freedomadvocates.org/articles/illegitimate_government/assessing_monetary_collapse%3A_exposing_agenda_21_and_understanding_freedom_20110609439/

Finally,  I didnt really totally believe this could be an actual conspiracy. However, in totally different research on our economy, I was investigating into the nature of if the coming crash would be inflationary or deflationary.   I was about to go all in on deflationary, until I came upon this article and associated video.

http://goldwars.blogspot.com/2012/06/infation-vs-deflation-james-rickards.html

What is basically being said is that the IMF (an institution in the United Nations) will be there to pick up the pieces after the crisis and "reorganization" in the US is over and the dollar will be supported by IMF SDRs.

This one video out of everything I've studied before seems to be the dead canary in the cave that there is something more than just incompetent political leadership intent on destroying our country....  Maybe its time to just enjoy whatever life we have left as free Americans.

I'm just not sure what the next step should be. But there is a Margarita or 2 in my immediate future.  :2thumbsup:

raven

« Reply #23 on: Apr 11, 14, 07:31:46 PM »
Here's another example of Agenda 21 in progress (in my opinion).https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H-UGYPY0cQ

Offline TimG

• Bear
« Reply #24 on: Apr 11, 14, 10:39:44 PM »
Agenda 21 is an ineffectual UN white paper that advises what local, regional, and national governments might do to guide the growth of communities away from free-for-all dumps like Lancaster and toward some semblance of long-term sustainability. I have no idea how anyone believes this stuff, but it's made Glen Beck a lot of money.  And it gets in the way of real truth.

Yes, there's a global banking cartel that's been manipulating markets and currencies and siphoning wealth for hundreds years.  Yes, they pull a lot of geopolitical levers to make sure they can keep siphoning as much wealth as they can for as long as possible. 

But that doesn't mean there's an Illuminati with a master plan for enslaving the world. It's not the plot of a Glen Beck ghostwritten novel.  It's an international spin-off of The Sopranos, with a bunch of powerful families making sure their capos earn.  That's it.  Fight that, or you're doing them a favor.

What's going on in Nevada is a legal dispute that will be resolved legally. The only reason Cliven Bundy has anything to do with Agenda 21 is because it's feeding into the fringe paranoia of a certain marginalized segment of our society. The Sovereign Citizen Buy Gold Stock Your Bunker with Tangy Tangerine crowd.  And I have sympathy for that crowd, because there's some truth to it.  But only enough truth to make a really good lie.

Also, for what it's worth, I oppose Agenda 21 myself, because it feeds into the other side's paranoia -- the Malthusian lie that overpopulation is going to kill us all. That's just not true either.  Two wings of a paranoid duck, paranoid because we can't believe we really don't have to run from short-faced bears and sabre-tooth tigers anymore.

:soap:

Sorry, just my two cents. 

ETA: Haha, I should have scrolled up, I don't at all remember saying the same thing on this thread last year. Too much fluoride in my brain!

raven

« Reply #25 on: Apr 12, 14, 12:21:46 AM »
now can we have an intelligent response...???

Offline ChrisLynnet

• Raccoon
« Reply #26 on: Apr 12, 14, 07:05:23 AM »
Well said TimG!

raven -- I don't understand, were you responding to TimG? I thought his post was excellent.

raven

« Reply #27 on: Apr 12, 14, 11:01:34 AM »
(In my Opinion)  That was quite a huge pile for only 2 cents!   ;) 

Offline TimG

• Bear
« Reply #28 on: Apr 12, 14, 11:43:35 AM »
Well we can argue about it more in the FEMA camps.

Offline tcaarabians

• Raccoon
« Reply #29 on: Apr 12, 14, 12:06:12 PM »
Tim, You're cracking me up.  I hope you and I are in the same FEMA camp. 

I do understand the concerns expressed by those that think "Agenda 21" is the sky falling with the storm troopers about to knock on our doors. And, I understand the U.N. initiative to try to express what all countries should be thinking about in terms of sustainability and future planning.  Agenda 21 did not come easy and was watered down a good bit.

As communities, however we embrace or reject these concepts will be up to us and our expressing ourselves to our elected officials. Personally, I think that future planning is a good thing. I also believe that taking advantage of science and planning concepts is a good thing. And, that is my two cents. cheryl o7o

Offline TimG

• Bear
« Reply #31 on: Apr 17, 14, 12:36:37 AM »
To summarize: "Some lawmakers and farmers express concern about an incomplete piece of proposed legislation."

Which becomes the headline: "Biggest Land Grab in the History of the World"

Which is one of the many many many many many reasons WorldNetDaily is not a credible news source. I could enumerate a few of the others, but I'll keep this pile small.

I have to admit, though, that headline probably generated a decent amount of ad revenue. I counted 26 ads on that page.

Offline ChrisLynnet

• Raccoon
« Reply #32 on: Apr 17, 14, 07:12:12 AM »
WND is infamous for insane headlines over relatively benign news articles. TimG, you're right, it's all about the ad impressions. BTW they are not alone in spicing up their headlines -- every online pub does -- it's just that they bring it to a whole new level.

Offline SkierBob

• Raccoon
  • Hangin' out Down the street
« Reply #33 on: Apr 17, 14, 07:15:41 AM »
And here I was all excited yesterday when my BLM t-shirt came in the mail. 

Offline tcaarabians

• Raccoon
« Reply #34 on: Apr 17, 14, 10:12:23 AM »
Just dang.. I can't enlarge it to read what the t-shirt says. cheryl o7o

Offline RobertW

• Raccoon
  • Clear Skies!
« Reply #35 on: Apr 17, 14, 12:00:42 PM »
Just dang.. I can't enlarge it to read what the t-shirt says. cheryl o7o

US Department of the Interior
Bureau of Land Grabbing Maggots

Offline SkierBob

• Raccoon
  • Hangin' out Down the street
« Reply #36 on: Apr 17, 14, 02:34:06 PM »
I paid $25 for that shirt.  I sold it at the bar last night to a cowboy for $60.   :) 

Offline tcaarabians

• Raccoon
« Reply #37 on: Apr 17, 14, 03:38:56 PM »
Did you get a hat out of the deal too? I've been following the story of that rancher in Utah/NV.. wherever ..that has been  fighting with the BLM. So far, he seems to be winning. .. at least on the p.r. front. Plus, he got his cattle back. cheryl o7o

raven

« Reply #38 on: Apr 17, 14, 04:30:09 PM »
Please just go back to your shopping carts and bad construction around town. I will quietly go back to sweep.  I don't want any one to make ashes of themselves.   ::) 

Offline dreamcatcher

• Scrub Jay
« Reply #39 on: Apr 17, 14, 05:57:32 PM »
He didn't get all of his cattle back Chery.  Check this out -- warning, graphic photo.

http://www.naturalnews.com/044746_animal_atrocities_mass_graves_Bundy_Ranch.html

anything