Author Topic: AC 100  (Read 9277 times)

BEARZY

AC 100
« on: Jul 24, 12, 01:16:45 AM »
Anybody have info on the AC100 like how many started and finished??? 

Offline Moose

• Bear
  • The Moose is Loose
Re: AC 100
« Reply #1 on: Jul 24, 12, 06:32:47 AM »
I worked the Inspiration Point checkpoint with about 6 other volunteer ham radio operators from Wrightwood.  There were 125 racers that started and 75 that finished.  The first runner crossed the finish line in 19:46:06.

Full race information can be found online at AC100.com.

We checked runners in and out at Inspiration.  Being that this is the first checkpoint of the race 99.9% of the racers come in and out and do not stay at this checkpoint for more than a couple of minutes at most.  We had one runner drop because of an injury they incurred on the trail. 

makgirl

« Reply #2 on: Jul 24, 12, 10:47:30 AM »
Congrats to the runners AND volunteers involved in this race.  Without the amatuer (ham) radio operators, the race cannot happen.  Thanks go to Clint, Susan, Ron, Thomas, Harlan, Matt, Rich and May.  These folks get up at 3:30am race morning, set up their checkpoint at inspiration point and transmit the runner information to the next check point using their ham radios (only means of communication on the trail).  Thanks again for your hard work that allows this race to continue each year.  :2thumbsup:

BEARZY

« Reply #3 on: Jul 25, 12, 12:38:50 AM »
Thank you for the info I'll check it out!! I stoped at inspiration point when I saw the last runner drop what a bummer, but maybe next time it's hard to do all that training then something happends like that!

Offline Tall Trees

• Bear
« Reply #4 on: Jul 28, 12, 09:20:45 PM »
it was reported that the organizers of the annual run posted yellow flagging from the start of the race all the way up Acorn Canyon at various locations and along Blue Ridge heading west.  Unfortunately, after the race was over all the yellow flagging and trash from the race has been left behind.  Who is going to clean this up?

Offline SpeedRacer

• Scrub Jay
« Reply #5 on: Aug 06, 14, 08:28:07 PM »

Offline Nolena

• Raccoon
« Reply #6 on: Aug 07, 14, 06:39:46 AM »
it was reported that the organizers of the annual run posted yellow flagging from the start of the race all the way up Acorn Canyon at various locations and along Blue Ridge heading west.  Unfortunately, after the race was over all the yellow flagging and trash from the race has been left behind.  Who is going to clean this up?

I would hope that this would be addressed with those who issued them their permit, especially in regard to whether they get a permit next year. Or it seems that they could be fined if they never clean up.

ezzpete

« Reply #7 on: Sep 09, 14, 03:05:31 PM »

maybe the same people who clean up all the yard sale signs left up??

Offline Jim Wilkins

• Raccoon
  • Looking forward to the next 45 years....
« Reply #8 on: Sep 09, 14, 03:44:28 PM »
There are several folks on the forum who volunteer with the AC100 group and perhaps one of them can contact the organizers to follow up on the status of the trail markings

Offline Nolena

• Raccoon
« Reply #9 on: Sep 09, 14, 03:55:56 PM »
They have been not removing their trail marking flagging for many, many years. I doubt that they will start now.

Offline Cheapskate

• Bear
« Reply #10 on: Sep 09, 14, 06:03:40 PM »
I heard that AC100 is part of Agenda 21!

(couldn't resist stirring up the hornet's nest  ;D )

Offline Jim Wilkins

• Raccoon
  • Looking forward to the next 45 years....
« Reply #11 on: Sep 09, 14, 07:03:25 PM »
They have been not removing their trail marking flagging for many, many years. I doubt that they will start now.

Sorry to hear that.

Offline Nolena

• Raccoon
« Reply #12 on: Sep 09, 14, 09:14:49 PM »
When I was the race director for the Wrightwood Mountain Challenge 1/2 Marathon, I occasionally was blamed for not taking down the flagging tape from the race route.
But the 100 miler always came after our event.
We cleaned up meticulously after our event.
Them....not so much.

Offline tcaarabians

• Raccoon
« Reply #13 on: Sep 10, 14, 09:48:17 AM »
Cheapskate.. You gave me a good laugh. cheryl o7o

Offline Moose

• Bear
  • The Moose is Loose
« Reply #14 on: Sep 11, 14, 07:39:57 AM »
This information has been passed on to the AC100 race director. 

AC100_Ham

« Reply #15 on: Sep 17, 14, 12:01:54 PM »
This information has been passed on to the AC100 race director.

I passed it on to the R D.  He responded that this was a complaint from two years ago.  I know he is big on getting trail markings cleaned up as soon as the segment has been run during AC100.  Is the report posted really from 2014?  Is there someone he can contact about it?  Thanks.

AC100_Ham

« Reply #16 on: Oct 16, 14, 09:29:53 PM »
Well, I posted a message saying that the Race Director says the complaint that the AC100 people never remove their trail markings is AN OLD STORY FROM TWO YEARS AGO.  I asked who is saying this now and nobody responded in a month's time.  As far as I'm concerned, the complaint was essentially false.  Please pass the word that the AC100 doesn't leave trail markings.  Thanks!

John