Author Topic: Theme Photography  (Read 15652 times)

Offline firefightersteve

• Raccoon
  • Greetings...
Re: Theme Photography
« Reply #50 on: Jan 24, 06, 05:03:54 PM »
Boston Bob.....Where was this photo taken?...Very nice...

Offline BostonBob

• Top Bob &
  • Raccoon
« Reply #51 on: Jan 24, 06, 05:31:21 PM »
Thanks Steve, that was taken at Torrance Beach looking north toward the Santa Monica Mountains. Let me also say that you have posted some spectacular photos that I have really enjoyed.

Offline Angelwolf

• Raccoon
« Reply #52 on: Jan 24, 06, 07:45:56 PM »

Offline WWMtnGal

• Raccoon
  • Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful)
« Reply #53 on: Jan 24, 06, 07:48:01 PM »
Very cool!

:2thumbsup:

Offline Ken

• Raccoon
  • KI6IMO
« Reply #54 on: Jan 24, 06, 07:58:41 PM »
Beartooth Hwy, Montana

Offline WWMtnGal

• Raccoon
  • Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful)
« Reply #55 on: Jan 24, 06, 07:59:10 PM »
That is beautiful!

Offline gypsywolf

• Raccoon
« Reply #56 on: Jan 24, 06, 08:05:04 PM »
Spectacular photos everyone!! Great theme Angelwolf!

Looking west from Canyon de Chelly. I believe that is Black Mesa. Taken September 2005.

Offline firefightersteve

• Raccoon
  • Greetings...
« Reply #57 on: Jan 25, 06, 04:59:29 AM »
Wow Gypsywolf....Did you use any filters or adobe edits/effects for that "Black Mesa" photo?  That lensatic arc in the clouds with the first rays of sunshine are incredible....Now that's holy ground.

Kew......love your shot also...Was a storm passing by, coming or going?  The sharpest peak reminds me of a wizzards hat.The wizzard laying down to sleep after playing with the morning sky...

Angelwolf.....I've seen that before...I think....along Phelan rd.?...

Thanks Boston Bob...It looks like the clouds have formed an inverted quilt..Could you imagine a quilt that changes colors like the clouds in a sunset or sunrise?....Perhaps Willy Wonka's has invented one.

Offline firefightersteve

• Raccoon
  • Greetings...
« Reply #58 on: Jan 25, 06, 05:03:06 AM »
Calindy...aren't these morning skies we've been having incredible!   That's one thing about the desert that we don't get in the mountains....Those long views of the sky....Thanks....

Offline SeahawkGal

• Squirrel
« Reply #59 on: Jan 25, 06, 05:52:47 AM »
I love all these photos.

Offline gypsywolf

• Raccoon
« Reply #60 on: Jan 25, 06, 07:42:45 AM »
firefightersteve,

Believe it or not, that is an actual photo. We took quite a few of them as the sun was going down. Those are the last rays of sun as opposed to the first rays of sun :)

Canyon de Chelly was one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. The sunsets were beyond description. We were right on the rim of the canyon at this particular point, talking to one of the local Navajo. It was a wonderful experience.

Offline Calindy

• Raccoon
« Reply #61 on: Jan 25, 06, 07:27:17 PM »
firefightersteve,
 I agree....I LOVE the High Desert's sunrise and sunset...especially the sunsets! :) It is hard to get dinner done, because I have to keep going out and take pictures! A Joshua Tree and a sunset are so beautiful together! I tell my kids to never take a beautiful sunset for granted.
All the photos posted here are so beautiful! It is so much fun to share pictures with such a great group! I have been taking pictures since I was little, and I was running out of storage space for all the photos I have taken throughout the years. The digital camera allows me to take all the photos I want, without me being buried in printed photographs!!

Wildman

« Reply #62 on: Jan 30, 06, 11:16:53 PM »
Angelwolf-who are you selecting to choose the next topic?

Offline Angelwolf

• Raccoon
« Reply #63 on: Jan 31, 06, 12:47:04 PM »
I select Fire Fighter Steve!!!

Wildman

« Reply #64 on: Feb 01, 06, 06:04:50 PM »
I select Fire Fighter Steve!!!

OK, Firefighter Steve, what shall we be taking pictures of this week?

Offline firefightersteve

• Raccoon
  • Greetings...
« Reply #65 on: Feb 01, 06, 06:21:12 PM »
How about photo and a fiction?.....Such as a posted photograph....with a brief imaginative fiction....Will that work?
I'll understand if you'd rather not.....

I'll give it a try first...

The whereabouts of the famous statue of Masculine have never been of current archeological interest as…..
He’s been forgotten.
Well…not entirely…..
There are several myths of Masculine that have been passed down through a few family lines…
Those family lines that dared….

There was a time when, the tale of masculine was forbidden….
And kept close to heart  by those who knew it…
Lest they lose their tongues….or worse…

However, the statue of Masculine has persevered from the time of antiquity and is surprisingly intact….
Here he is….”The warrior”…..

It was once said, “When masculine has eroded to dust and has been re-absorbed by the forces of Mother Nature……….a great transforming change will sweep over the earth…..”

Looks like we’ve got a ways to go.

Just a fiction cooked up in my overactive imagination…
Give it a whirl….
Be creative...

Wildman

« Reply #66 on: Feb 01, 06, 08:34:39 PM »
Outstanding!  Game on....Give me some time to match your incredible imagination.

Offline gypsywolf

• Raccoon
« Reply #67 on: Feb 02, 06, 07:55:38 AM »
Yikes!!!!!  This will take some thought...

Offline firefightersteve

• Raccoon
  • Greetings...
« Reply #68 on: Feb 02, 06, 12:39:46 PM »
It's all in good fun.....What better place to be creative than this forum.....besides, you're all awesome photographers....

Wildman

« Reply #69 on: Feb 03, 06, 09:49:56 AM »
                           The Spirit of Spanish Ridge

The harness trace chains clanked and jingled like sleigh bells as the rancher walked his plow team to the grove where he was working.  He was trying to clear a wagon road to the upper pasture and the stream.  Cutting trees and clearing stumps was hard work, compounded by the searing heat and incessant flies that never let up.   It was hard on man and horse.

This particular tree was especially difficult.  As he dug down around the roots to be able to start cutting and secure his chain, he bagan to find Indian arrow and  spear points imbedded in the wood.  He found what looked like to be rusted iron deposits, scattered around the roots.  It seemed as if someone wanted this particular tree dead.  The rancher never seemed to notice the twisted face that seemed to be staring out at him.

The stump finally came free after much effort.  The rancher would swear that he heard a low moan coming from the stump as his ax cut through the last root and the team pulled the stump out of its resting place.

He had often heard the tale of how Spanish ridge got it's name.  A Spanish Conquistador had become seperated from his party and wandered these mountains until he died of starvation.  The Shoshone and Serrano Indians spoke of a man's spirit, with an iron chest, who wandered this ridge.  Perhaps, their arrows were their way of keeping his spirit inside the tree. 

No matter....the stump was out and there were several hundred to go.  If he hurried, he could get one more out of the ground before noon.

Offline firefightersteve

• Raccoon
  • Greetings...
« Reply #70 on: Feb 03, 06, 01:58:08 PM »
Wow!....That's fantastic.....both story and photo...I can only imagine you telling that in person by a campfire....I'm going to read that again over the next few days.....savoring

Offline Chuck

• Raccoon
« Reply #71 on: Feb 03, 06, 07:00:42 PM »
This picture actually is a cry for help on our current problem.  We purchased this turtle when it was about 3 inches long thinking it was just your normal little turtle.  We have had it for about 15 years and it keeps getting bigger and bigger.  Sometimes we purchase all of Jensen’s old veggies, but sometimes we have to buy fresh and this gets very expensive.  We are at a point where we need to put Roberto up for adoption.  He is very loving and likes playing with our cat and dogs.  We would be happy to pay 6 months food costs to anyone who will adopt him.  For the right couple we will give you our turtle saddle.  During winter months it’s like having four wheel drive.

All inquiries should be sent to our agent, Boston Bob.  Yes he will get a commission for finding the right home.

Wildman

« Reply #72 on: Feb 03, 06, 08:08:27 PM »
Very nice, Chuck.  Where do you find a place that let's you get that close to a giant tortoise?

Offline Chuck

• Raccoon
« Reply #73 on: Feb 03, 06, 08:53:27 PM »
With guides in the Galapagos.

Offline gypsywolf

• Raccoon
« Reply #74 on: Feb 03, 06, 10:34:52 PM »
Long ago, when the acients lived in the canyon, a voice was heard throughout the land:
"I will send down a guardian of all the people. The guardian will watch over you. He will watch over you until the invasion. At this time, not even the guardian will be able to help you. Death and destruction will be your destiny. The greatness that once was, will no longer exist. Live now, love now and worship all that is good. For one day, you wil only have a small remanant of what once was."