Author Topic: Stupid Banksters  (Read 702 times)

Offline lwt42

• Bear
Stupid Banksters
« on: Mar 26, 24, 05:08:02 PM »
Been having problems with a local Wrightwood bank.

Since their acquisition, they've been trying to use the physical address for mail, notifications, etc.

Of course, for most of us, the USPS does not deliver to physical addresses.

I've contacted them multiple times, explaining that they have multiple customers here in town and we all have PO Boxes because there is no other way to get mail.

Now we got a letter (yes, by mail) explaining that they were going to lock our accounts because "the post office notified us your address has changed."

Not in the four years we've banked with them, not now, and not any time soon.

It appears that their systems have an address for your "online profile" if you use online banking, and one for the account itself, and the former banks mailing address may have been lost in translation.

I've found that having just one address, with the street address plus your PO Box Number (as an apartment number or I usually use "mail stop ####") works best because no matter how mixed up things get, they have an address that works.

I don't expect these banksters to get it right.

Offline thehallmarks

• Bear
  • Who let the dogs out?
Re: Stupid Banksters
« Reply #1 on: Mar 26, 24, 05:17:09 PM »
I have had similar problems but not with DCB err Flagstar.

Offline lwt42

• Bear
« Reply #2 on: Mar 26, 24, 05:28:23 PM »
I have had similar problems but not with DCB err Flagstar.

The simple answer is:

Name
  Mail Stop (box number)
  123 Any Street
  Wrightwood, CA 92397

I like "MaIl Stop" because large companies often use that to help sort mail internally, and most systems don't mess with it.

I put it in the "company name" if available, or in the "second address line."

The problem here is that the bank says "well, you might have moved and we have to be sure we're mailing to the right address."

DCB had two addresses, and the branch staff seemed to know the importance of using the PO Box.  The New Yorkers running this now have no understanding at all.

They're willing to block access to funds because they can't keep their act straight.

Online KW

• Raccoon
« Reply #3 on: Mar 27, 24, 06:06:01 AM »
We bank there but haven't noticed any problems. I get most of my documents digitally, so I may not notice if something was actually mailed and I missed it. The manager at the bank is usually quite helpful, what do they have to say about the issue?

Offline lwt42

• Bear
« Reply #4 on: Mar 27, 24, 01:45:56 PM »
We bank there but haven't noticed any problems. I get most of my documents digitally, so I may not notice if something was actually mailed and I missed it. The manager at the bank is usually quite helpful, what do they have to say about the issue?

Got the letter on Monday.

I have not visited the branch, but I've called.  They don't understand "hybrid" addresses and they don't see the problem.  The branch officer said "I grew up in a small town" but did not know that we don't have letter carriers.

I did verify with corporate a month or more ago that they had both the PO Box and physical address, explained at length that no one in Wrightwood gets mail at home, and had them add the "apartment number."  When I follow up, it's still wrong.

Offline lwt42

• Bear
« Reply #5 on: Mar 27, 24, 07:18:32 PM »

My wife was in the branch today and complained about this.  They said they're trying to make New York understand that some places don't have delivery to physical addresses, and the data transferred from Desert Community Bank was correct.

They're going to have a meeting....

Offline lwt42

• Bear
« Reply #6 on: Mar 28, 24, 10:31:45 PM »
The branch has a spreadsheet of all the accounts that are "at risk."

In the meantime, if you contact Flagstar's New York based overlords and ask for the mailing address of the Wrightwood branch, they'll give you the street address, not the PO Box.

anything