Author Topic: Free Classifieds!  (Read 548630 times)

mokandi

Free Classifieds!
« on: May 22, 03, 02:58:24 AM »
I enjoy reading classifiers!  I am always looking for items for my projects.  The garage sale week-end is great fun in Wrightwood, but we have the ability to continue this year round with the free classified section of this wonderful web site.  How can we get others to utilize it more?  Any ideas?

clint

Re: Free Classifieds!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 03, 03:55:31 AM »
Please use this topic to discuss increasing use of the classified section. But not for posting classified ads. To post a FREE classified ad just click on the words "Free Classifieds" under the mountains and it will step you through it. Paid advertising is available in the business guide and banner ads are also available.

Online Wrightwood

• Administrator
  • Raccoon
  • Wildlife Gateway
« Reply #2 on: Jun 12, 03, 05:58:52 PM »
Looking over WrightwoodCalif.com statistics indicate a great number of visitors view our Free Classified section.

Many people, including myself, have bought and sold items on our Free Classified section. Be sure to check regularly if you're a bargain hunter, as many items go quickly.

If you have something to sell, it's FREE with many items selling quickly.

Offline ChattyCathy

• Raccoon
  • Your Damsel in Defense Pro
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 05, 02:36:56 PM »
I keep trying to advertise my Carol Burnett videos in the Classifieds, and I registered, but it tells me:   "Your profile is not active at this time. You will receive an email with instructions on activating your profile shortly. You may not use this feature until your profile has been activated."  I've been waiting and have not received any further instructions.  What am I doing wrong?

Online Wrightwood

• Administrator
  • Raccoon
  • Wildlife Gateway
« Reply #4 on: Dec 18, 05, 04:36:26 PM »
ChattyCathy,
Just to clarify - the login for the classifieds is different than the Forum login information.

You must use the registration button on the Classified page to get login information.

I just tested it and the email is sending new user login information  along with activation code.

It is critical that a good email address is used in order to receive the activation code.

MazzyStar

« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 06, 03:49:20 PM »
I am looking for a wooden futon couch, a desk and a filing cabinet (all in good condition) if anyone has any or know where I can find them... please let me know.

Thanks!

MazzyStar

« Reply #6 on: Feb 11, 07, 01:57:47 PM »
I posted a new ad to find a good home for my green iguana.  If anyone is interested, check out the ad and you can either email me or PM me on here.  I hope to find a good home for it.

angelwolf326

« Reply #7 on: Feb 11, 07, 08:31:03 PM »
tried to get in and it keeps saying invalid......

Online Wrightwood

• Administrator
  • Raccoon
  • Wildlife Gateway
« Reply #8 on: Feb 11, 07, 08:34:42 PM »
Try again - it hand't been approved.

angelwolf326

« Reply #9 on: Feb 11, 07, 08:46:56 PM »
thanks WW I'm in

Offline ChattyCathy

• Raccoon
  • Your Damsel in Defense Pro
« Reply #10 on: Feb 11, 07, 09:46:05 PM »
Good luck finding him/her a home.   Whoever takes him needs to know that they can get very large (My son had an iguana 5 feet long, including the tail) and they have to be handled frequently to keep them friendly, otherwise they will whip their tail (which smarts) and can bite (as my son can attest to - he got it when it was already quite large and had it in an 8-foot cage).  They need heat - and obviously a large cage as they grow.  They can make good pets if handled frequently, given proper heat, and plenty of growing room.

That reminds of me when I got a call from his high school principal one day - that my son was walking around campus with the 5-foot iguana on his back.  As you can imagine, that was the last time he brought an animal to school (which he often did at the request of one of his science teachers)

I posted a new ad to find a good home for my green iguana.  If anyone is interested, check out the ad and you can either email me or PM me on here.  I hope to find a good home for it.

GARY

« Reply #11 on: Feb 13, 07, 05:38:31 PM »
 :wavey:   About 9 months ago I found a shoe box on the center divider of one of Riversides busiest streets.....in the box were 5 very tiny kittens.

I have found homes for all but two. 

I have two female long haired, domestics.  One is blonde and the other is tortoise shell.  Both are spayed.  Both have had complete medical exams and both have had their first year shots.  Both are litter box trained.

These cats stated out life on a rotten note, but they are in good shape now!   

It would be great if someone out there would give both a home that can continue to love them and care for them.

Please call me at 951-354-7843 and leave a message.  OR....leave me a message on the Forum.

Thanks,
Gary

Offline dreamcatcher

• Scrub Jay
« Reply #12 on: Feb 13, 07, 07:57:38 PM »
Gary, I have a friend who recently lost her cat and she is feeling lonely without any pets.  I gave her your phone number, but she just called me and said it is a wrong number.  I will send you a PM with her name and number and you can call her.

They sure sound adorable.  Are you a "weekender"?  If so can you bring the cats to Wrightwood for her to see as she doesn't drive.

GARY

« Reply #13 on: Feb 14, 07, 09:59:35 AM »
Dreamcatcher,

I'm more like a once a week, lunch with daughter and grandaughter, guy.   I would be happy to bring Blondie and Rascal up to WW for your friend to see.

Gary
email is GKMCB4S2@aol.com

Offline dreamcatcher

• Scrub Jay
« Reply #14 on: Feb 14, 07, 10:58:32 AM »
Thanks Gary.  I heard from my friend that you will arrange for her to see the kitties soon.  You sure are to be commended for taking such good care of the kittens!  Karma to you!!

GARY

« Reply #15 on: Feb 16, 07, 08:38:47 AM »
Thank you

MazzyStar

« Reply #16 on: Feb 19, 07, 08:17:41 AM »

Ok, time for me to post this again because I'm trying desperately to find this little guy a home.  I can't take care of him the way I want to and he needs a new home as soon as possible so he can acclimate while he's still young and not set in his ways.  He does not whip with his tail and doesn't try to bite unless he's hungry and when he does it's cute, not painful.  I bought him a bunch of stuff for his home so he's set up nicely and all I wanted was to find a way to be reimbursed for what I spent on his home (the lamps, the accessories, etc) but right now I'm more interested in finding him a good home and less interested in being compensated.  If anyone knows of anyone who is interested... he really is a sweet guy but needs to be handled more and taken care of better than what I can provide to him.  Please let me know if you or someone you know is interested so we can work on bettering his quality of life.

Thanks!

Breezymtns

« Reply #17 on: Feb 19, 07, 03:34:32 PM »
Mazzy you can check with the folks at the Devil's Punchbowl.  I think Jack that works there is really into reptiles.  The # is :
661-944-2743. 

MazzyStar

« Reply #18 on: Feb 19, 07, 04:00:54 PM »
cool! thanks!

GARY

« Reply #19 on: Feb 21, 07, 10:00:05 AM »
A very nice WW lady has adopted Blondie, one of the kittens left in a shoebox on a busy street in Riverside.  I still have one kitten that needs a home.  RASCAL (the name fits!)[/color] is a tortoise shell, long hair domestic.  She is spayed, is current on all shots and is litter box trained.  Anyone interested in giving Rascal a home, please contact me via the WW Forum, or at my email which is GKMCB4S2@aol.com.

Gary

anything