Author Topic: Chimney Sweep  (Read 1697 times)

Offline dave57

• Squirrel
Chimney Sweep
« on: Nov 26, 23, 12:02:06 PM »
Looking for recommendations for a Chimney Sweep here in Wrightwood.
Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks so much.
Dave

Offline Deadhead

• Squirrel
Re: Chimney Sweep
« Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 23, 12:24:05 PM »
Call Rob at RC chimney sweep.  760 964 2024.  I've used him twice now.   Very good at what he does.

Offline dave57

• Squirrel
« Reply #2 on: Nov 26, 23, 03:09:17 PM »
Thanks so much.  Got his number and will call him first thing in the morning.  Really appreciate you getting back to me

Dave

Offline Lepo

• Mouse
« Reply #3 on: Nov 27, 23, 09:16:16 AM »
We have used Wayne before and really like him.

I think his number is:
(760) 249-3021

Offline lwt42

• Bear
« Reply #4 on: Nov 27, 23, 01:50:35 PM »
I'll cast another vote for Wayne.

Online Wrightwood

• Administrator
  • Raccoon
  • Wildlife Gateway
« Reply #5 on: Nov 27, 23, 02:20:01 PM »
You will not find a more honest person than Wayne.

Online baseballfan

• Scrub Jay
« Reply #6 on: Mar 27, 24, 08:27:23 AM »
I know this is an older topic but I saw it and wanted to add onto it due to a scary alert that recently happened to us.
I had started a fire in our wood stove and noticed an odd smell and more smoke than usual. I opened the door to readjust the logs and the smoke alarm went off.  After shutting the stove door and opening windows, the alarm turned off.  I let the fire die down, assuming it was a bad log, maybe unseasoned or damp.
Later that evening, our carbon monoxide alarm sounds off.  It had never gone off before and we were unaware of what to do so we opened all windows and Doors and google verified it was the right thing to do.  Google also indicated it could be the chimney needed cleaning.
After ten minutes, the Carbon monoxide alarm turned off and reset itself.  We still had windows open for an hour and decided to stay the night in a motel to be sure it was safe.
Next morning I called the fire dept assured me it was safe and confirmed it was probably the chimney needed to be swept and cleaned.  It had not been cleaned in years.
I called Rob at RC Chimney and he made a special trip that weekend to clean it.
Sorry for all the details but I thought it was important to share that chimneys need to be cleaned once a year if you use them during the winter daily,like we do.  We’d be dead if it weren’t for that carbon monoxide alarm. So please please make sure you have one and do regular chimney maintenance. 
Thanks for reading! 🤗