WrightwoodCalif.com Forum

Public Forums => Outdoors => Topic started by: FIGHT ON on Dec 18, 09, 06:48:00 PM

Title: It was clear today.
Post by: FIGHT ON on Dec 18, 09, 06:48:00 PM
From Pasadena I could see the snow on Baldy, San Jacinto and  San Gorgonio like it was across the street!  :o 
Title: Re: It was clear today.
Post by: RobertW on Dec 18, 09, 07:02:30 PM
Yesterday I had to drive up to our Santa Barbara store very early in the morning (was there at 5:00 am) to install new pin pads (checkstand credit card equipment).  On the way back around 9:00 am, it was so clear that the Anacapa Islands looked like you could touch them.

Today After installing the same units in one of our stores in Orange County, I took PCH up the coast from Dana Point to Newport Beach.  Again, the coast was crystal clear and even from Orange County the San Gabriels were very clear and visible.

Oh, how I love this time of year...
Title: Re: It was clear today.
Post by: FIGHT ON on Dec 18, 09, 07:30:09 PM
Yesterday I had to drive up to our Santa Barbara store very early in the morning (was there at 5:00 am) to install new pin pads (checkstand credit card equipment).  On the way back around 9:00 am, it was so clear that the Anacapa Islands looked like you could touch them.

Today After installing the same units in one of our stores in Orange County, I took PCH up the coast from Dana Point to Newport Beach.  Again, the coast was crystal clear and even from Orange County the San Gabriels were very clear and visible.

Oh, how I love this time of year...

Wow! Not just clear, but "crystal" clear... Unreal! Really gives the sky depth! (wish I could figure out this hugin thing)  :(
Title: Re: It was clear today.
Post by: Surfer_Dude on Dec 19, 09, 05:31:25 AM
Fight on,
Great time for you to practice your panos up at Inspiration Point .
Title: Re: It was clear today.
Post by: FIGHT ON on Dec 19, 09, 05:57:59 AM
Fight on,
Great time for you to practice your panos up at Inspiration Point .
I know, I need help with hugin... I can't figure out how to stitch them together. HELP!  ;D
Title: Re: It was clear today.
Post by: Surfer_Dude on Dec 19, 09, 07:53:14 AM
I use CS4 and a Mac...So I really have it easy.
I don't use hugin, but there has to be a tutorial on youtube somewhere.
Title: Re: It was clear today.
Post by: FIGHT ON on Dec 19, 09, 11:44:56 AM
I use CS4 and a Mac...So I really have it easy.
I don't use hugin, but there has to be a tutorial on youtube somewhere.
Thanks. Some guy on Smugmug Digital Grin Photo Forum pretty much said the same thing. Eventually, Some day, Hopefully before I die, I will be able to produce panorama shots...  ;D
Title: Re: It was clear today.
Post by: FIGHT ON on Jan 04, 10, 04:13:24 PM
It was very VERY clear this morning. I missed taking a photo. Did anyone catch the sunrise today?
Title: Re: It was clear today.
Post by: ForestGal on Jan 04, 10, 06:37:07 PM
It was very VERY clear this morning. I missed taking a photo. Did anyone catch the sunrise today?

Wasn't up that early.   ;D  But it was kinda hazy/overcast up here most of the day.  Not too cold, just not bright and clear.