Author Topic: It was clear today.  (Read 13905 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

FIGHT ON

  • Guest
It was clear today.
« on: Dec 18, 09, 06:48:00 PM »
From Pasadena I could see the snow on Baldy, San Jacinto and  San Gorgonio like it was across the street!  :o 

Offline RobertW

  • Moderator
  • Raccoon
  • *****
  • Posts: Plenty of Posts!
  • Clear Skies!
Re: It was clear today.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 09, 07:02:30 PM »
Yesterday I had to drive up to our Santa Barbara store very early in the morning (was there at 5:00 am) to install new pin pads (checkstand credit card equipment).  On the way back around 9:00 am, it was so clear that the Anacapa Islands looked like you could touch them.

Today After installing the same units in one of our stores in Orange County, I took PCH up the coast from Dana Point to Newport Beach.  Again, the coast was crystal clear and even from Orange County the San Gabriels were very clear and visible.

Oh, how I love this time of year...

FIGHT ON

  • Guest
Re: It was clear today.
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 09, 07:30:09 PM »
Yesterday I had to drive up to our Santa Barbara store very early in the morning (was there at 5:00 am) to install new pin pads (checkstand credit card equipment).  On the way back around 9:00 am, it was so clear that the Anacapa Islands looked like you could touch them.

Today After installing the same units in one of our stores in Orange County, I took PCH up the coast from Dana Point to Newport Beach.  Again, the coast was crystal clear and even from Orange County the San Gabriels were very clear and visible.

Oh, how I love this time of year...

Wow! Not just clear, but "crystal" clear... Unreal! Really gives the sky depth! (wish I could figure out this hugin thing)  :(

Offline Surfer_Dude

  • Raccoon
  • *****
  • Posts: 2872
Re: It was clear today.
« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 09, 05:31:25 AM »
Fight on,
Great time for you to practice your panos up at Inspiration Point .

FIGHT ON

  • Guest
Re: It was clear today.
« Reply #4 on: Dec 19, 09, 05:57:59 AM »
Fight on,
Great time for you to practice your panos up at Inspiration Point .
I know, I need help with hugin... I can't figure out how to stitch them together. HELP!  ;D

Offline Surfer_Dude

  • Raccoon
  • *****
  • Posts: 2872
Re: It was clear today.
« Reply #5 on: Dec 19, 09, 07:53:14 AM »
I use CS4 and a Mac...So I really have it easy.
I don't use hugin, but there has to be a tutorial on youtube somewhere.

FIGHT ON

  • Guest
Re: It was clear today.
« Reply #6 on: Dec 19, 09, 11:44:56 AM »
I use CS4 and a Mac...So I really have it easy.
I don't use hugin, but there has to be a tutorial on youtube somewhere.
Thanks. Some guy on Smugmug Digital Grin Photo Forum pretty much said the same thing. Eventually, Some day, Hopefully before I die, I will be able to produce panorama shots...  ;D

FIGHT ON

  • Guest
Re: It was clear today.
« Reply #7 on: Jan 04, 10, 04:13:24 PM »
It was very VERY clear this morning. I missed taking a photo. Did anyone catch the sunrise today?

Offline ForestGal

  • Raccoon
  • *****
  • Posts: 3773
  • Fight On!!
Re: It was clear today.
« Reply #8 on: Jan 04, 10, 06:37:07 PM »
It was very VERY clear this morning. I missed taking a photo. Did anyone catch the sunrise today?

Wasn't up that early.   ;D  But it was kinda hazy/overcast up here most of the day.  Not too cold, just not bright and clear.